People typically have their teeth whitened to improve their appearance. Whiter teeth are associated with beauty and a healthier lifestyle. When people have a brighter smile, they tend to smile more often and are less self-conscious.
Tooth discolorations can be caused by many factors. From smoking to not brushing to certain medications.
There are two types of tooth discolorations:
- Intrinsic - Tooth discoloration caused by trauma or medications. (inside the tooth stain)
- Extrinsic- caused by smoking, wine and other foods and beverages such as coffee that can easily stain the teeth over time. (surface tooth stains)
- Kor whitening system
- Day/ Night white system
If you are considering whitening! Ask your dental hygienist which option is the best for you and your type of stain. Bleaching should be done only under a dentist's care. Tooth bleaching under controlled dental office conditions present better end and long term results as well as techniques to help minimize sensitivity and tissue irritation.
- Whiter smile
- More esthetically pleasing
- Youthful appearance
- Easy maintenance
- GIVES YOU THE WANT TO SMILE MORE
- Short term tooth sensitivity to cold
- Short term soreness of gum and tissue surfaces that come in contact with the gel
-Terri Dean, RDH