Owl Bird FeederYou'll need:
- Recycled milk or juice cartons
- White paint
- A permanent black marker
- String or ribbon for hanging
- Apply two coats of white water based paint.
- After paint had dried we cut eyes from a piece of cereal box, applied with glue and then drew details with the black permanent marker.
- Make a hole in the top with a hole punch or something sharp, and hang!
- Cut out the wings and openings with a craft knife or scissors, an initial step that I would recommend doing for younger children.
Homemade Bird Seed
- 1/3 Cup of Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1 packet of Gelatin
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Corn Syrup
- 2 Cups of Bird Seed
- Mixing bowl and Spoon
- Mat or Foil to put your seed on
- Cookie sheet
- Put 2 cups of bird seed in a bowl
- Add 1/3 Cup of flour
- Next put in 1 1/2 Tablespoons of corn syrup
- Then add 1 pouch of gelatin
- Last add your 1/4 of water
Now mix well until all your ingredients are incorporated nicely and it looks something like this:
Now it's time to bake the mixture! Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. You will know it is done when it is hard and looks bird friendly!